SAWA membership has doubled over the past three years. Why? Because our seasoned professional members offer reliable support to their colleagues and the industry by:
- Demonstrating and mentoring ethical, sound and innovative business practices.
- Providing examples of animal welfare and animal care, including control guidelines and tools.
- Collaborating with industry allies to guide our future.
In addition to these seasoned leaders’ support and mentoring, SAWA provides a wealth of resources to support you and your important work as an animal welfare administrator. Please take five minutes to browse the existing SAWA resources provided below.
Existing SAWA resources:
Network and Problem Solving Opportunities: Share YOUR Expertise
- SAWA Virtual Directory – connect with your peers
- SAWA Conferences – unique education designed for the leaders in animal welfare
- SAWA Listserv – instant feedback on issues you face
- Peer Packs (coming soon) – join like-minded professionals to discuss emerging issues
- Best Practice Action Teams (coming soon) – join ad hoc efforts to standardize methods that deliver superior results
Communication: People on the move, best practice, and industry activity
- SAWA E-News – Online newsletter
- Get Social – Like us on Facebook.com/sawanetwork; follow us on Twitter.com/sawanetwork
- Contribute to our communications – send photos, quotes, or blog posts to email@example.com.
Resource Center: Templates, Links, and Samples
- Operations – Including a robust disaster relief and preparedness section
- HR Guidelines – Compensation survey, job descriptions, and comprehensive policy examples
- Executive Leadership & Board Policies, Humane Education, Fundraising and Grants – If we don’t have what you need, let us know
- Tracks to Success – Onboarding CEOs with maximum traction in first 100 days
- Compensation and Benefits Survey – ensure competitive employment packages
- Public Service Announcements – share your successful messaging or learn from others.
- Career Center – Search Job Openings, Post Your Opening, or Post your Resume
- National Council on Pet Population – annually convenes researchers to promote positive human-animal interaction
- SAWA Liaisons to Local, State, National and International Efforts – e-mail your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any problem accessing the SAWA Members Only area, let us know at email@example.com.